Best Bariatric Surgeon in Bangalore | Dr. Prabhu
They’re usually just a few millimeters in size, but yes they can be oh-so-painful.
Yes we are talking about two different stone, gallbladder stones (or gallstones) and kidney stones. Both the stone is forms in different organ of our body, but they are similar in many ways.
Since the sign and symptoms are same for both Gallstones and Kidney stones many gets confused and it’s a matter of fact that we think both are same. The occurrence of kidney stone is more known among us then Gallstone, its means that the awareness about the kidney stone is more than Gallstones.
So let us try to understand the difference between the two
1. Kidney stones are made of calcium and other minerals that crystallize in the kidney whereas Gallstones are more of a solid lump than a stone and are mode of cholesterol or pigments.
2. Women are more prone of getting Gallstones whereas men are prone to getting Kidney stones.
3. For kidney stone it is a good news that if the stones get down the renal canal, they end up being broken down and passing out of the body where as if the gallstone get down it can block bile path. This can cause serious damage and emergency which is not a good news.
4. Kidney stone can lead to blood in the urine whereas the gallstones can lead to jaundice and other complications.
5. Based on the size of kidney stone medication can be used for treatment whereas in gallstone surgeries is the only options. If the diagnosis confirms the presence of gallstone then the gallbladder is surgically removed.
6. Kidney stone formation can be avoided by developing healthy habits of taking regular fluid whereas for gallstone it is advised to take foods that are less in cholesterol .